Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4th

7/4  Boy it was a hot one.  We mostly read inside the "little house", with the air going. We decided to go for a drive to see what we could find, possible look at the Atlantic side of the island.  Well we could only find Marsh land, it looked just like the marshes in Darien and Brunswick Ga.  We found out that barrier island were purchased by a conservation group and you can't get to the Atlantic except by boat.  After driving 60 miles or so we headed back to the pools.  Around 9pm there was a great fireworks display at our campground, they also had live entertainment.  We lost power around 1:30am, everyone did, It got so hot for me that I went outside and slept on the picnic table.  The electricity came on at 4am, needless to say I went back inside,  Henry slept through all of this.




7/5  Well we are scheduled for a fishing trip this morning, have to be at the boat at 7:30-&45.  After we made it to the boat I was spraying suntan lotion on and I have all these red blotches on my arms and legs.  It takes a while to realize that the tablecloth was green with red watermelons on it, so I have red watermelon tattoos all over me.
The fishing trip was good, we caught lots of fish, unfortunately we were only able to keep about five.   Sea bass and trout had to be 12" to keep them, that is a good size.  They had a young girl and old man (older than 70) that would clean, fillet and deliver your fish, we chose that option.  Well we had fried fish for supper, it was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment